(EST. 2009) I see life in an abstract, slanted way. This blog was made to try and display that point of view to the people who don't know me, or those who know me more than I know myself. The blog title came from a combo of "This is What I Call Her" By Lil'Wayne, the constant smell of reefer on some of my close friends, and of course my last name [don't forget the "E"]. I'm high off of life, this blog is my blunt and I'm passing it too you. Inhale until you feel you've had too much GREENE.

3.29.2010

almost.

I bet mad people thought I was done with this blog.  On the contrary, I am far from done with my personal blogspot. I mean you can't have enough greenE right?  I'm somewhat relaxed right now, sitting next to my Hamptonian brothers Cam and Nile, engaged in the classic Boys in the Hood flick.  The semester is almost done, and I have finally started to take on a new mentality as the warm weather brings out the best of me.  Freshman year has been an experience that I surely did not expect.  As I look at my year thus far, the past semester and a half, has been nothing close to what I imagined.  Instead of being the outgoing, What's-up-nice-to-meet-you type of guy that I have grown up to be, I have been more of an onlooker taking in everything that has been happening. 

Sometimes sitting back an making observations is what is necessary.  I feel like Hampton is filled with the most popular people from each high school around the nation.  With all of the popularity and egos stemmed from high school, it is a constant fight for who is the coolest, toughest person.  Plus, everyone knows everyone at a small private college, therefore it is not hard to tell who is seen as the cooler bunch of individuals.
That is a brief summarization of my observations as a freshman at Hampton.  In an environment like this, I am definitely comfortable being the low key guy that you might hear about, but you do not really know that well.  I plan to be much more outgoing and involved on campus next year, but for now I like being irrelevant.

1 comment:

  1. Your abso-fuckin-lutley right Kenny. Hampton is FULL of ego's. I'm glad you didn't get caught up in your "Hampton image."

    Isn't it amazing what you see with the birds eye view !! Thats the best way to go, just sit back and take notes

    -ur big sis Taylor

    ReplyDelete

My photo
Philadelphia, Pa, United States