(EST. 2009) I see life in an abstract, slanted way. This blog was made to try and display that point of view to the people who don't know me, or those who know me more than I know myself. The blog title came from a combo of "This is What I Call Her" By Lil'Wayne, the constant smell of reefer on some of my close friends, and of course my last name [don't forget the "E"]. I'm high off of life, this blog is my blunt and I'm passing it too you. Inhale until you feel you've had too much GREENE.

9.13.2009

WORD, LIFE.





Since I've been down at Hampton University I've met people from all over the world. I've heard accents from all over the nation, and noticed dialects from hundreds of townships.

One thing I love about traveling, whether it's from tennis, vacation or family visits, is the different way people use slang. Off the top of my head right now, I'm going to try and list some of the many different words people use down here. Whether they're sexual, random, off topic or what have you, I think it's funny how slang differs by region.

The word/ location/ meaning

[The word might be from a different/more than one region, I'm just going by who I heard it from]

Saving/ "D.C chillin', PG chillin', my names..."/ Saving means your "wifed up" aka spending most of your time with one girl. It comes from the real meaning of saving, because your saving up [money] for the girl. I've heard that a lot since I've been down here. Let's see if that changes...
'Bama/ D.C/ A pretty girl who cannot dress. Let's clap for Ed Hardy. Baby phat, stand up.
Lowkey/ Everywhere except Philly (from what it seems)/ On the low. But you use it before the verb or adjective. Like, "We're lowkey ____."
Fakin'/ D.C/ Getting mad. Wanting to fight.
Tight/ NYC/ The act of being mad. I talked about this with Ash... it sounds awkward when someone says a girl is "tight."
Fie (As in fire)/ The dirty dirty./ When something is hot, fun, exciting or what have you, it's fi(re).
Hekka/ Californ-I-A/ Same meaning as "hella." Which is adverb that I'm assuming you heard before.
Becky/ Down south/ Oral sex to the male. I laughed when I heard this. I laughed at the next one too.
Bobby/ Where do you think? ...The same place they say "Becky"/ Oral sex to the female


More will come to me. I'll update this post when they do...


On another note...


Stay prepared. We thank you all for ridin' with us. Your support has been great so far. Everything is falling together finally, and we are excited as hell. The website should be fully completed, very soon. We decided to add a couple more features to the site so we can give everyone the FULL EFFECT of what we are trying to do. Once again thank you for helping us get on our feet a little bit.

O R C L W O R L D W I D E




G R E E N E.

2 comments:

  1. we def got "lowkey" dude. ur not gonna be usin becky & bobby when u come back tho i hope...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.it's not used the same way

    ReplyDelete

My photo
Philadelphia, Pa, United States