(EST. 2009) I see life in an abstract, slanted way. This blog was made to try and display that point of view to the people who don't know me, or those who know me more than I know myself. The blog title came from a combo of "This is What I Call Her" By Lil'Wayne, the constant smell of reefer on some of my close friends, and of course my last name [don't forget the "E"]. I'm high off of life, this blog is my blunt and I'm passing it too you. Inhale until you feel you've had too much GREENE.

10.28.2013

THE 'GRAM

Instagram has complicated lives.



People are having trouble seeing what is real, and what is just a preplanned image to get "likes." I had a discussion with some of my homies about how I felt Instagram was not "real life." Their rebuttal was that IG is real life because all the photos you see on the application actually happened in real life. I felt their argument, but I wasn't about to lose what turned into a 4AM debate on a corner in the heart of NYC's meatpacking district. Mainly, because I was slightly inebriated. Nonetheless, this random argument made me realize a lot about the first application I open most mornings.


It's so much you can talk about regarding the world of Instagram. In our discussion, we all admitted to vain tendencies that we have regarding the application, and how much "selfies" are shunned upon. We also acknowledged the thirst for likes, the thirst for attention, and the thirst to be cool. But, who are we to judge like we don't monitor our own likes and follower/following ratio. We play a game with ourselves that causes us to be hypocrites. Until you delete the app, you are involved in the game.


Instead of pushing all of the negative impressions about various Instagram users, trends, and drake stances, we all need to take a step back and admit that Instagram is fun. This one application is now more popular than Facebook and has installed itself into our everyday lives and culture. Whether you have 1000+ followers or none at all, keep posting, get those likes, follow celebrities, be vain if you want, post a selfie, feel good about yourself and continue your day. There is no right way to use Instagram (even though the "twee-gram"should be illegal because caption spaces are available...) so use it at your own will. At the end of the day, "It's only entertainment."


Selfies coming to a feed near you.



greene




No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Philadelphia, Pa, United States