(EST. 2009) I see life in an abstract, slanted way. This blog was made to try and display that point of view to the people who don't know me, or those who know me more than I know myself. The blog title came from a combo of "This is What I Call Her" By Lil'Wayne, the constant smell of reefer on some of my close friends, and of course my last name [don't forget the "E"]. I'm high off of life, this blog is my blunt and I'm passing it too you. Inhale until you feel you've had too much GREENE.

10.17.2013

"Check me out."


Understand that my life is completely different these days. In no way shape or form will I try to summarize the gaps between the last few post because they have all been a blur. Just know that the innocent high school days are long over and life has kept moving. Instead of reminiscing and talking about how things use to be, I'm going to try and remain current. Nonetheless, nostalgia will always take its course...


It feels good to go home and have your friends acknowledge that you haven't changed. That is one of the greatest compliments someone can give me. After all the new friends that I now see as family, and all the new affiliations that my name may be connected to now, hearing you haven't changed is a sigh of relief. Who wants to be the person that changed? Nobody does, but that doesn't mean that the person hasn't.



I changed.

Adulthood was only throwing a couple light jabs for my first three rounds of college.... but when senior year came around... I caught a mean uppercut. A career? Grad school? Kanye's College Dropout album speaks volumes to me these days. New problems that I just knew I would have under control when I got this age still seem to be prevalent. If you spoke to me in 2009 about where I would be in 2013 I'd probably tell you "well off and out west." Not saying I'm not doing well, because I'm not in a bad place right now... But the route to ultimate success is filled with mirages. Mirages that seem so real that you might feel content... until they disappear. I know me and friends wake up each day in our different locations around the states like, "Damn... I should be rich already." I'm happy that we all know that hard work pays off, and patience is really a virtue. But if I stumble upon a briefcase stuffed with a sizable amount of money... a group me message will immediately be sent saying: (expletive), we made it!




As we grow deeper into adulthood, many changes come about that shape who we are and how we're seen. In my world, I know I've changed; and all I can do is embrace it. I've changed in a variety of ways both good and bad. I have stories under my belt that would place the stalest of faces on some of my friends and family. Although, I also have a few accomplishments that would make some fathers introduce their only daughters. Regardless of my pros and cons, I'm not where I want to be yet. I've got a "long, long, loooong" way to go. I'll get there though.



Shout out to the people who told me I need to start blogging again. Hopefully, I can keep this updated like old times.

Greene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Philadelphia, Pa, United States