(EST. 2009) I see life in an abstract, slanted way. This blog was made to try and display that point of view to the people who don't know me, or those who know me more than I know myself. The blog title came from a combo of "This is What I Call Her" By Lil'Wayne, the constant smell of reefer on some of my close friends, and of course my last name [don't forget the "E"]. I'm high off of life, this blog is my blunt and I'm passing it too you. Inhale until you feel you've had too much GREENE.

8.05.2009

LEVELS OF HOMIE-ISM.

The summer is coming to a close and many of us are parting ways, slowly but surely.

In this next month or so, many of us will be enduring the most dramatic changes of our lives, as we disperse throughout the country to different colleges. As this begins to happen, you can really catch an idea of who will continue to be by your side when your back from school, or in life in general. I feel like the summer is the ultimate test of high school friendship/relationships, or like the boul Swizz says, "WHO's real (and) WHO's fake." Actually, those descriptions are way too extreme... So let's pretend I'm J-to-the-moi for a second, and act like I decided to replace "Who's real and who's fake" with "Who's there and Who ain't." [Excuse me, I had to get my dairy on for a second... I def could have made that a lot cheesier.]

I wish there were more words to describe the many different levels of friendship. In my eyes, the word "friend" includes way too many people. It should be broken up into at least several different groups [maybe even more]. Here are some of the different friendship levels that I have noticed in my life. Maybe you can relate. Actually, I'm sure you will.

+There are the people I see as family, the ones I talk to almost everyday or at least every few days. The people who know what I'm thinking just from a simple reaction or glare... because they're thinking the exact same thing, usually trying not to ignorantly laugh.

The people who I have daily textual intercourse with for at least a satisfying two minutes, or if the topics up... until my fingers get soft from tapping that iPhone keyboard so good much (lol).

The people who make sure they reach me first if they want to do something, or just to chill. The people who don't like others just because of their relationship with me. The people who will go out of there way, just to help me out. These people are more apparent then ever.

[Example of the two minute conversation:
A: Yeo (, cuz/, fam/, nigga/, boul/, greene/, girl/, man/, kg/, yourname/, baby/, papi/, sexy/, blank/, ninja/, badboy<--LOL!/, beautiful/, hussy/, guala/, bitty/, wifey/etc.)
B: Suuup
A: Nothing, chillin'. You?

B: Chillin' (Unless they're actually doing something)
A: What are you doing today?
B: Shit/Nothing/Nm, what's up?
A: (Either this person has something to do, or they reply, "Nothing, I'm bored as hell" or something of that nature... Then the conversation dies.)


Even though the conversation is usually pointless, it's still necessary.]


+The people who I wish I saw more, because if I did, I know they would be included in the group above. Talk is limited because we run out of things to talk about simply because we're both around different people, with different situations, which takes a toll on conversation and hanging out. I feel like shouting some of y'all out, 'cause I have mad love for y'all...


+The people who I'd be proud to call my friend or say, "I'm cool with", if I met someone who knew them. We might not be that tight, but you know they'd do the same if your name was mentioned.

+The people that I only see sometimes, but we're satisfied with the amount of time we see each other. More or less would not matter. Although, we still see ourselves as friends.


+The people who I'm supposedly tight with, but I'm usually not one of the first people they call to chill or hang out. Even though they sweeeeaaar we're tight as six dudes in a Pathfinder [and that's tight.], they only hit you up once in a blue moon. The only time I'm with them is when I hear about chillin'/ going somewhere from someone else (not because they told them to tell me either). I've slowly started to stop reaching out, because I don't like forcing things. But, regardless it's still all love... even though the disconnection is drawlin'.

+Then there's the people who I see as friends, but in reality they don't like me as much as I think. However, they would never tell me because we have the same friends. Haha, please know... it's noticed. I call this a forced relationship.

+A reversal of the situation above.

+Then of course, there's the people who I give dap to just because we're in a group and it would be awkward if I didn't. I don't see this as a level of friendship, but I just wanted to mention it because I think it's funny as hell. It usually goes like this (after I announce that I'm leaving to the group): DAP, DAP, DAP, DAP, DAP (insert a couple, "aight, yo", "hit me ups" and friendly "byes"), DAP, DAP, DAP, (Then you get to the person. They are usually last on your goodbye-dap list. You look around and everyone's looking, then suddenly there's a forced, AWKWARD DAP. Usually a bad handshake, or a one-armed hug lol.)

I only covered some of the levels of friendship that I witness. Hopefully, you have an idea of where I'm coming from. But that's it for this post. Holler, B.



ALRIGHT, YO *daps and hugs*

2 comments:

  1. you were dead on my friend...if i can call you that haha.

    but shits crazy, wait til the summer after your 1sr yr in college...it gets even more real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i definitely divide people up in the same way. quite insightful. you gave a perfect picture of the AWKWARD DAP. i actually lol'd.

    ...*secretly wondering what category i'm in*

    ReplyDelete

My photo
Philadelphia, Pa, United States