(EST. 2009) I see life in an abstract, slanted way. This blog was made to try and display that point of view to the people who don't know me, or those who know me more than I know myself. The blog title came from a combo of "This is What I Call Her" By Lil'Wayne, the constant smell of reefer on some of my close friends, and of course my last name [don't forget the "E"]. I'm high off of life, this blog is my blunt and I'm passing it too you. Inhale until you feel you've had too much GREENE.

6.17.2009

CAN WE GET AN ENCORE,



Damn. This is going to be another nostalgic post from me. This post is for my friends at Masterman. I'm eighteen years old, and at this age eight years is a large portion of my life. Eight years is the amount of time that I have spent in the marble halls of the Philly-known Masterman Laboratory and Demonstration School. These eight years have been crazy. When asked about Masterman over time you may have heard me say, "I hate that place," "Masterman is corny," "Our school is ass," [that was the most popular response] when in all truthfullness, I owe a lot to this place. This weird ass school on 17th and Spring Garden Streets, has shaped who I am, who I know, and who I associate myself with. I have had the same classmates since 6th grade [back when I thought I was a mix of Ludacris and Lloyd Banks and Kelis was my wife]. When I mention that to people, they're usually like, "Damn, I couldn't be around the same people for that long." I use to say the same thing and add how I should have gone to one of my other choices of schools like Central or Penn Charter. However, I then realized how lucky I am to have certain people around me. My friends come from all walks of life, all around Philadelphia. From Sito's southwest territory to the co-ops of Mt. Airy, I have a diverse set of homies who would take a bullet for me.

Me and my friendshave been through a lot over these years. We have been through drama, detentions, suspensions, fights, phone calls home, self inflicted injuries (haha) talent shows, birthday dinners, New York, Baltimore, two week relationships (or two day ones), and of course TRENDS&PHASES...


[Girbaud's, Air Force 1's, Xanga, late stages of pokémon cards (even though we still be catchin' 'em, haha) tall white and/or color T-shirts (5 fo' 20 at footlocker), the T-Mac sneaker series, the Harlem shake, Large pointless chat rooms, Jay-Z's button up phase (with the $2 brim skullies to match), braids and afros, head bands, Nike wrist bands, Jordan ball shorts, Wool Rich coats, Tan Butt-uhs (Timberlands), THE DU-RAG, waves, transition from "young t-shirts" being wack, to "young t-shirts" being accepted, DICKIE SUITS, Chuck taylor's, "The Nike 20 Series," staying in Chopsticks or City View until dark, T-mobile SIDEKICKS, lanyards, transition from Finish Line to Ubiq, basketball during lunch (no matter HOW COLD IT WAS), Haircuts with designs (Melo went crazy), Nike Dunk phase, Nike Air Raid phase, body art, Spoiled Rotten Saturdays at Shampoo (haha), Strkes Bowling or The Bridge EVERY FRIDAY, "The future '09", Myspace (Bry_Space) Facebook, iPhones and SO MUCH more...]


Through it all we have remained tight with out letting any whores get between us [that's love]. We changed the FACE of Masterman sports, giving Masterman a name outside of academics. [We could probably build a house with all of our First Team All Public plaques and Varsity letters] All in all, we left a major mark on the school and what it stands for. We came into the school knowing we would impact it, and with graduation tomorrow we can say that we defintiely did.

I am going to miss the hell out of y'all next year. I never thought I'd be the only one leaving the state, but 'ey... IT IS WHAT IT IS.


We out my niggs...





Oyeah, do know that the event Mr. Gannon mentioned was def not canceled.

GREENE

3 comments:

  1. I like to hear that. We're done now, nothin to fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nooo, not the harlem shake and large pointless chat rooms! and brim skullies! aw kenny. you took me on a journey with this one.

    and ludacris + lloyd banks? lmao, priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo you are the fucking man KG. I could never have said it better, and neither can anyone else. Doing some late night blog-hopping and this says it all. Been through so much together, and not to get emotional but all I can say is:

    I Love You.

    Still hasn't truly hit me that we graduated.

    Keep up the good work, Kennis.

    ReplyDelete

My photo
Philadelphia, Pa, United States