(EST. 2009) I see life in an abstract, slanted way. This blog was made to try and display that point of view to the people who don't know me, or those who know me more than I know myself. The blog title came from a combo of "This is What I Call Her" By Lil'Wayne, the constant smell of reefer on some of my close friends, and of course my last name [don't forget the "E"]. I'm high off of life, this blog is my blunt and I'm passing it too you. Inhale until you feel you've had too much GREENE.

6.07.2009

I HATE SOUTH STREET.




Saturday was a day full of no plans and walking.
Me and Corey decided to go downtown then wing everything that was done. My initial plan was to hit up the roots picnic, so I gave Mal $50 dollars some tiime in the morning. However, even though she got down there pretty early, tickets were sold the hell out. So after a little shopping, an attempt to fix Corey's iPhone glass, and a quick meet with Melo and Hez, we waited for Rob and WALKED to the roots picnic. [Haha]

We got there and could not get in. We even used our black connection with some of the middle aged security, and in result we got, "There's no way you getting in, THEY WON'T EVEN LET ME IN THIS BITCH!" Too funny.

After hearing that, our thoughts of sneaking in disinigrated. I met up with Mal at the entrance she gave me my money back and because she is such a great friend she gave me a copy of Rising Down signed by Questlove. That's love right there. We stood at the gate and talked to Mal as we watched some guy get pushed around by this short, fat, black security women. I was getting mad for the guy. Then suddenly Corey pointed out something that gave me the a huge smack face.

[There was this guy we saw on Arch street with this huge, purple and yellow, big and tall section, PELLE PELLE sweat suit on. Our initial reaction was laughter, the guy looked ridiculous. Okay, now fast forward to our current position outside of the roots picnic. We saw the same huge, Laker blimp looking guy behind the gate, in the roots picnic, handing out posters because he worked there. Maybe instead of bussin' on the guy's enormous PELLE PELLE lay, we should have asked him where he got it and complimented him. Then went to the same store and purchased the same outfits... with matching du-rags. That way he would have to let us in.]

We left the Festival Peir, chilled on Penn's Landing, then went to wackville aka South Street. Every time I am on south street I get the same feeling. A feeling of anger mixed with curiousity. The curiousity is sparked from the question, "Why the f*** am I here... again?" [I blame it on Corey] The anger is generated from all the dudes who are staring at me like I'm the clearance section in the Polo outlet. I just don't know why dudes stare. Is everybody in a Philly wide staring contest that I'm unaware of? If so please let me know before I have to go to my trunk, haha sike naw. But besides the staring, it seems like south street is filled with little girls who pace up and down all night looking for attention, and homothugs [not gay bashing, just saying they're all the same. 'Cause they are.] trying to impress them by fighting, groping, YEEURRP-ing [haha] and downright drawlin'. Whenever people from out of town want to tour the city, they always ask if South Street is where they should go. In my opinion I'd rather go to a Klan festival in upstate PA, before I visited South Street. I take that back, but you get my point by now. Maybe it will change, but right now I DO NOT BANG WITH SOUTH STREET.


On a brighter note I ran into a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while yesterday, that's always good...

[Melo: Pause. Hez: *Giggle*]

[Love for the Kick push]









kgreene.

1 comment:

My photo
Philadelphia, Pa, United States