(EST. 2009) I see life in an abstract, slanted way. This blog was made to try and display that point of view to the people who don't know me, or those who know me more than I know myself. The blog title came from a combo of "This is What I Call Her" By Lil'Wayne, the constant smell of reefer on some of my close friends, and of course my last name [don't forget the "E"]. I'm high off of life, this blog is my blunt and I'm passing it too you. Inhale until you feel you've had too much GREENE.

4.29.2009

DRAWLIN'

First off, I would like to describe the term "drawlin'" to those who are unfamiliar, because I will be using it repeatly throughout this blog post.

After traveling all over the U.S, [and gettin a "what the hell is this dude talking about?" look after using the word outside of Philly] I realized that the word "drawlin" is strictly Philly slang. Here is how urbandictionary.com desribed the term:


Drawlin

1. Acting out of character. Not being yourself. Doing somthing that would be considered unorthodox.

2. Cockblocking. Not letting one(s) be themself.

3. Doing something someone else does not like.

1. Yo, you drawlin comin to church high.

2. Bull wont let us in the party- he drawlin.

3. My grandmom drawlin puttin me on punishment.


Haha... I think these definitions cover it. But anyway, my afternoon
drawled a little bit [Past tense].

Drawlin part one.


The drawlin began when I was downtown doing a little bit of shopping after our highschool tennis meeting. I had just came out of Macy's after purchasing a bowtie for my friends prom. I crossed over Broad Street onto Chestnut. Sitting at the corner was the most flamboyant, obnoxious, group of black gay dudes that I have ever seen. I have nothing against gay people in any way, but this incident almost caused me to snap... When I got to the corner, one of them mumbled something to the others, and because I am downtown-savy, I immediately put my hood on and looked down at my iPhone. As I walked by, one of the dudes walks in front of me in his super dooper female jeans, and starts doing the Beyonce walk [Remember the Crazy in Love video... Yeah, that shit], then he stopped and posed in front of me on some Get Me Bodied stuff [Remember the "pose for the camera" part? Yeeah...]. By the time he posed I had already uttered a few curse words under my breath and started to walk as fast as possible [Crackhead pace, word to Tyrone]. I looked up when I realized I was completely past the entire group and thought, "This boul really thought he was Beyonce... He's drawlin." So I got to the end of the block and crossed, but for some reason I heard flamboyant yells. I walked another block, once again at crackhead pace, and even though they were faded [from the crackhead-like speed] I still heard flamboyant yells. I turn around and these dudes seemed to be following me. At that point I'm pissed, so I dip into Liberty place on that extremely quick, smooth, stealth, okie-doke, invisible man (no Ralph Ellison) type stuff. I hustled up the steps and went to Subway to grab a foot long.

Drawlin part deux

Once I get to Subway I order one of the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki foot long sandwiches. I stood there thinking about how good the sandwich was going to be as I watched the girl make it. Finally, it was finished,the girl wrapped it and placed it in a plastic bag for me. She rings it up, and the digital portion of the register says: 7.48. In my head I'm like:

PAUSE.

What happened to the five dollar, five dollar, five dollar footlong...? I wasn't planning on buying the 7.48 dollar foot long. I never saw the commercial where Godzilla spread his arms and it said 7.48 feet in between his outstretched hands. But I did not complain because I obviously did not get the memo on the very visible menu above the oven/toaster, plus that would have been a "nigga moment" [word to The Boondocks]. I just took out my money and paid the $7.48, with a slight "smack face" expression on my face. I got my change [which was not $15 dollars from the twenty dollar bill that I paid with], walked away and thought,
SUBWAY IS DRAWLIN. I looked at the time and realized I had to get to the subway before my highschool transpass was useless. The transpass' 7 o'clock limitation is also def drawlin...

Drawlin, the final episode.

I hopped on the Broad Street line and headed towards Fern Rock. As soon as I got on the subway train at City Hall I instantly started laughing to myself, because this man on my subway cart had this HUUUUUGE desk with him [HAHA]. This desk was sooooo big, and the dude was on the subway, so he obviously had to carry the desk down the subway steps, in the street and where ever he was going. In other words this dude was... yeah you got it, DRAWLIN. My friends and I share the same humor, so if you don't think this is funny your probably an acquaintance. I apologize if this is someones Pop or something, but I had to take a picture of this. If I was carrying the biggest piece of furniture known-to-classroom on the sub, I would want people to laugh at me too.


[That was just the side. &The dude had his head on the desk like he was sleeping in class. Too funny...HAHAHa]

The last thing that drawled today was my sneaker. After looking down at my sneak, I realized that the Supra sign on my right foot was "talking" a bit more than usual. It was halfway off like a month ago, but I carelessly continued to wear them. Right now, the small emblem on the back of my Sky Top is very close to falling off. The next time I wear these, I will probably glance at my shoe at some point during the day and suddenly realize that I have a bo bo [an unnamed sneaker] on my right foot.
That is drawlin. I need some hot glue or something...







GREEN_E.


4 comments:

  1. All this would happen after I left.

    Want to know what was really drawlin?????

    Turns out class was canceled today, huge waste of time, coulda stayed and got chased by flamers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL woow u funny as hell yo!!! its funny as shit how you diped on them flamers and shit!!
    i would of been like "i don't want no parts"
    be on that Germel tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahaha. "drawlin" is like 20% of my spoken vocabulary. i had a feeling it was some strictly-philly shit.

    what i would give to have been able to watch that scene with the gays guys go down. aw man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha damn boul thats a crazy ass afternoon. gay dudes be DRAWLIN hard. Friday movie at the bridge for example.

    ReplyDelete

My photo
Philadelphia, Pa, United States